Monday, October 6, 2014

Kidsfest Shepparton {September}

What a fun day out we had at Kidsfest in Shepparton!  I must say I was probably more excited than the kids to start with.  I always joke when I take the kids out like this by myself that we have the big exciting build up, the moments during the day where I'm wondering what on earth I thought I was doing, followed by looking back at the photos and talking about it and knowing that we made great memories and it was most definitely all worth it. 

The boys are such good car travellers.  Over an hour in the car just doesn't phase them at all most of the time. 

Look at the weather we had...


Finding a car park and making sure we had everything we needed was the next step...


Dylan was not interested in photos to start with, nothing that a little bribery can't fix...


Will you look at these boys?  Off they go, super excited.  Louis is such a champion lugging that backpack around.  Louis, Dylan and I took turns.  


We looked at the program and realised that the "How to train your dragon show" was about to begin.  Of course, I took them over to the wrong stage and after about 10 minutes of waiting double checked and quickly raced around to the right place.   They had some fun in a giant sandpit, meeting a "tap" (you can tell my boys have never been to the theme parks when a tap is exciting), and playing some drums.








 We made it!  They all thought the show was pretty great! 




Ooh yum!  They were giving out free frozen fruit ice-cream cups for everyone to try...the boys sure appreciated it.  


 They were allowed to pick 2 rides each to go on which they were very excited about.  I wasn't so excited by this complicated ticketing system but it all worked out in the end. 


Dylan had great fun on a giant blow up slide.  Unfortunately he jumped on half way through a turn and only had about 3 slides.  Lesson learnt, even if they say you can hop on, be happy to wait until a new round starts. 


 Louis chose to have a go on the big bungie trampolines...



I love in Shepparton how they have these cows everywhere.  All through the town and even here at Kidsfest.  Every time we travel over there we seem to see a new design.  Of course the boys thought this Spiderman cow was pretty great...


Then it was time to find some food for lunch.  Normally I would pack lunches not only for the expense and for healthier options but also because it takes such a long time lining up and ordering food but I wasn't that organised this time around.  Will have to work on that for next time because...seriously I'm all for a treat but it did not seem normal to me that so much pink colouring was coming off this hot dog onto the bread.  What the earth???  Of course the boys didn't care one littel bit...


 Ethan lined up for his turn on a blow up slide...


I love these action shots...



Jayden loved the carousel...


Not a great shot, but it shows how excited his little face was every time he saw us.  


 Ethan and Jayden chose to go on these bumper aqua boats and had so much fun...




 Dylan's second ride...


He had us in stitches as he was talking and singing each time he zoomed past us.  What a funny kid!


 Ethan found 10 cents which he was so excited about...and then lost it.


Louis had his last ride - a camel ride! 



These boys did such an amazing job of lining up.  There was a heap of it as well.  They never complained or got impatient.  I was just so impressed with how they handled it. 


We finished the day with a little play at the playground there and all piled in the car to head home.   It was such a great start to the school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment