Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend: Our anniversary

What an amazing weekend!  We dropped the boys off on Saturday to have a sleepover with their grandparents and we had a kid free night!  Our anniversary was actually a couple of weeks ago, but due to so much happening it was put off for a couple of weeks.  We have now been married 11 years and together for 16 years.  We've had ups and downs, challenges and triumphs but I love this man more than words can say. 



Keeping it simple we decided that our night would consist of Indian takeaway, eaten at home, on the couch watching "The Hobbit".  Very romantic!!  To be honest though, I didn't want it any other way.  It was so nice to have the house to ourselves, to watch a loud movie without worrying about waking the boys up and of course, the Sunday morning sleep in. 

We lazily arose and had a leisurely breakfast before heading up for a 4 wheel drive into the bush. Michael wanted to show me a lookout he had stumbled upon a long time ago. It was high up into the hills and a very bumpy road but it was worth it.








 It was such a beautiful day with sun filtering through the trees. What I wasn't prepared for was how icy cold the wind was at the top.  Michael had told me he thought it could snow up that high, and I told him I wasn't so sure until I actually got out of the car!  It was so so cold I was instantly shaking.  We took a few photos and enjoyed the view before retreating to the warmth of the car. 







We headed for home so we could switch cars and go and pick up our boys.  They had a heap of fun and were running around out in the paddocks when we arrived.   Off to home where we had friends meeting us on a day trip up from Melbourne.  It was so great to catch up and we spent the rest of the afternoon sitting around the fire at the block. 




One of those great weekends, where it's all about the little things.  A weekend where I was constantly reminded of the gratitude I have in my life.  Time with my husband, our boys, our family and friends, living in this amazing area, living this simple life. 

I really believe it's not how much you have, but how much you appreciate what you have that makes for a blissful life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment