Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gooram Falls...

So I felt like we all needed a little local adventure.  To get out in nature and away from screens. 

The sun was shining and it was a beautiful afternoon...


Poor Jayden and Dylan had fallen asleep in the car before we arrived...it wasn't far away but they were tired after a late night at the primary school bushdance the night before...



The walk in was beautiful...we started in the bottom car park which meant about a 400m walk through the bush to get to the falls...


We were so close to the falls when Ethan, who was walking just in front of me pointed to the ground calmly and said "snake"...

There to the right of us, about half a metre away was a brown snake wriggling around.  I panicked and half picked Ethan up, half pushed him along to get up ahead to Michael, Dylan and Jayden. 

Michael said he has never seen me look like that before...I told him that look was called fear...

I was shaking like a leaf and my legs were like jelly.  I may live in the country now, but that is only the 4th snake I've seen in my life and never so close before...

It was then I realised that although our walk was a great idea, we really weren't prepared for any accidents.  No snake or first aid kit in the car.  Lesson learnt in a really scary but luckily harmless way...

I was shaken up after that knowing we had to walk back the same way to get back to the car...


The boys were so calm about it though...Louis (who was at a friends house) asked me later if I took a photo of the snake...the answer to that question would be NO! haha.


It was absolutely beautiful there though...


We will visit again with Louis, in winter (no snakes, more water)


Oh...and we did have another brush with a little more pleasant wildlife on the way back...a gorgeous little echidna doing his best to hide from us...echidnas would have to be one of my favourite animals, they are just so cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment