Sunday, January 16, 2005

Vintage: Year 2000 happenings...


We had a great start to the year settling into life on our own...

Of course, life can be full of ups and downs...

We worked hard and the reality of "real life" settled in a little.  We enjoyed camping trips and shopping trips to get all of the things we needed in our home and for our little holidays.

In May, my boss at Bakers Delight sold the business and new owners took over.  I was no longer manager and they reduced my wages.  That was hard enough but then they turned a little nasty.  I think it's easier for new owners like that to start with all new staff sometimes, and I think that's what they were aiming for by making it a little unpleasant to work there.

The day before my 19th birthday I quit!  Yep, great timing after moving out of home...

I still managed to enjoy my birthday and our 2 year anniversary though...

Mum had bought Michael and I a weekend away at Lakes Entrance which was really nice.


 In June we went snowboarding up at Mt Buller, bought our first computer and I did a little work for my Dad at his furniture shop.

I babysat Luke and Kelly at times...honestly the most gorgeous kids ever...



 In July I got a new job!  In the city as a receptionist for an IT training company.  I had a lot to learn but it was nice to not have to work with food and actually wear nice clothes! It was definitely a different lifestyle wearing suits, catching trains and even having lunch at the Hilton sometimes!  The people I worked with were great and it was a pretty cruisy and enjoyable environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment